Pollocksville Presbyterian, organized in 1868, was first known as Seminary Presbyterian Church, due in part because the congregation met in the old Jones County Male and Female Seminary structure just east of the village. The church was served for over 35 years by the Rev. S. H. Isler, the Evangelist sent by Wilmington Presbytery to raise a crop of saints in eastern North Carolina. With the arrival of the railroad to Pollocksville in the early 1890s, the congregation purchased a lot on Main Street and constructed a new sanctuary building in 1894. Additional acquisitions of property on both sides of Main Street have allowed for a new sanctuary building constructed in 1972, a new manse in 1981, a new education building in 1993, and space for future growth.
Rev. Collin Adams is the current minister of Pollocksville Presbyterian which is the only PCUSA congregation in Jones County. Active membership is approximately 150, making Pollocksville Presbyterian the largest in the Pollocksville area. Located midway between New Bern and Jacksonville on US Highway 17, and just 30 minutes from the ocean, the church is poised to continue and expand its witness to Jesus Christ in a growing area. The year 2008 begins the church’s first year under a unicameral governing system. A strong group of Presbyterian Women and a growing active Youth Fellowship are among the church’s many strengths. The church’s major mission project is a Child Care Program, which offers all-day care, before- and after-school care, and a Summer Program.